Let's Encrypt: Senior Fundraising Specialist
Play a key role in raising funds to build a more secure and privacy-respecting Internet.
To apply, please submit your resume to: email@example.com
What You Will Do
The primary project you will help fund is Let’s Encrypt. We are a small team who work diligently and creatively to ensure a critically important service is available to people around the world.
We are looking for an experienced fundraiser to help strengthen and diversify our funding channels. This will primarily include:
- Significantly expand our corporate sponsorships
- Prospect, cultivate and solicit contributions from high-value individual donors
- Develop a comprehensive plan for events and then execute while operating within a budget
You will also help on an as-needed basis with other aspects of our fundraising, including communications development, grant writing, and strategy development for funding new ISRG projects. We work in an iterative fashion and welcome proactive efforts to improve existing fundraising activities.
Corporate sponsorship decision-makers are often a CTO, CIO or founder/CEO, so you will need to be confident in recognizing their needs, using appropriate communication styles, and developing messaging that is effective with this audience.
You will work collaboratively with the VP of Communications and another Fundraising Specialist.
- Track record of achieving non-profit fundraising revenue targets
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to develop and work within processes to keep organized
- Excellent speaking and writing vocabulary and grammar
- Willing and able to travel
- Technical aptitude and interest
- Flexibility and ability to iterate and adapt
- Persistent and creative
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Experience with charitable giving databases
- Experience using G Suite tools (e.g. Google Drive, Docs, Sheets)
Location and Benefits
This is a remote position available anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Travel expectations are minimal.
Benefits include excellent health insurance, a 100% match for 401k contributions, and flexible time off and parental leave policies.