Comms & Development Coordinator
Help us build a more secure and privacy-respecting Internet.
Posted: January 6, 2021
Position Status: Closed / Filled
Salary Range: $45k-$55k
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA
ISRG is an organization dedicated to making the internet more secure and privacy-respecting through technology. Our largest project is Let’s Encrypt, a first-of-our-kind Certificate Authority (CA). We make TLS/SSL certificates available to anyone, for free, and we offer an API to do it. This means more people can easily enable HTTPS on their websites. That protects everyone’s web traffic from snoops, and makes us all safer.
We are developing additional projects that will make meaningful improvements to the threshold of acceptable security and privacy for people using the internet worldwide. We are looking for an additional person to help us meet our fundraising and communications goals as we grow.
It is a priority for us to represent the diversity of the billions of people who use the internet for their lives and work. We want to understand how to make security and privacy more accessible to everyone, and we value different perspectives and experiences. We strongly encourage people from under-represented communities to apply to help us make the internet better!
We are looking for someone who is excited to understand the work that we do and help us convey the impact to our relatively technical community.
Here is a summary of the work that our collective team does. You will help us to coordinate, organize, and inform these efforts in a variety of ways.
- Support the management of a portfolio of nearly 80 corporate sponsors, including Mozilla, AWS, Google, and Facebook.
- Actively seek and cultivate new sponsors.
- Avidly record information in our Salesforce CRM.
- Maintain and build relationships with the many individuals and companies who use our services.
- Share useful and compelling news to our community through newsletters, and individual communications.
- Create content for our social media channels.
- Process technical requests for large users of our service.
- Organize and execute giving campaigns throughout the year from idea generation to gift fulfillment.
- Perform basic website updates.
- Manage website translations through our translation platform, Crowdin.
Here's what we'd like you to bring to the team:
- Inclination toward careful listening as a way of engaging with others.
- Attention to detail and desire for organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Meticulousness in data management.
- Familiarity with Github and the ability to make basic website updates.
- A curiosity about how ISRG projects work technically.
- Enthusiasm to facilitate the work and goals of others.
Here are some things we'll help you learn on the job if you don't know them already:
- Data management in our Salesforce CRM.
- G Suite tools (e.g. Google Drive, Docs, Sheets).
- Jira, the platform we use for planning, managing and tracking projects.
- Management of community-submitted website translations through Crowdin.
We are happy to provide on the job training to familiarize you with the technology and security industries.
Location and Benefits
This job will be located in the Minneapolis / St. Paul MN metro region, but you will work remotely in a home office (permanently, this will not change once COVID-19 is under control). Our team has always been entirely remote and our processes and infrastructure are built around that. We will help you get your home office in good shape, including reimbursing internet and phone expenses. When it is safe for us to do so, we will meet weekly in person.
Other benefits include excellent health insurance, a 100% match for 401k contributions, and flexible time off and parental leave policies.
To apply, please submit your resume to: email@example.com
ISRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive workplace for everyone.